Banite, Smolyan District
One of the best rehabilitation complexes in Bulgaria
Banite, Smolyan District
The Branch is located in the Rhodope Mountains along Malka Arda River, 60 km east of the City ofSmolyan and 120 km south of the City of Plovdiv, in a picturesque setting, enjoyable for recreation and tourism. The unique mix of nature and climate, the altitude of 750 m and the abundant mineral water, make the facility very attractive.
This region is famous for cultural and historic sights and cultural monuments from the Roman age.
Typical for this branch is the available mineral water, containing silicon, fluorine, sulphate, carbonates, sodium and potassium. It is hyper thermal (42.8°) with low alkaline content (Ph 7.2).
The municipality of Banite is hidden deep in the Rhodope Mountains. The northern part of the mountain range is capped by the 2001meters high peaks of Prespa and Svoboda and the vast Karakulas Pasture. This magnificent place in Bulgaria fascinates with its wonderful landscape.
The picturesque mountain views, the thermal mineral spring, dating back to the Roman times according to the legends create a unique atmosphere in this mountain village.The Mineral Water Feast of Banite Municipality is celebrated on 5 and 6 May each year.
- Locomotory system: degenerative and inflammatory joint diseases; post-fracture, luxation, distortion, contusion states, ruptures of the joint links, inborn luxations, etc; Bechterev’s disease;
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system: neuralgia, neuritis, radiculitis,discopathy, polyradiculitis;
- Professional diseases: vibration disease,intoxications with heavy metal salts, diseasesdue to overstress and fatigue;
- Diseases of the stomach-intestinal tract:chronic gastritis, stomach and duodenum ulcer, chronic stomatitis;- disturbed digestion and lack of appetite,chronic colitis, hepatitis, etc;- chronic faringitis
- – spa therapy: mineral pool,baths,underwater massage /jet/, underwater remedial gymnastics, water drinking hall;- physiotherapy with equipment: electrical and illumination therapy;- laser therapy
– thermal therapy: paraffin therapy, lyetherapy,
– kinesitherapy: open-air therapy, manual massages, remedial gymnastics;
– specific diet for the disease.
- – diseases of the Locomotory system in acute and pre-acute state;- tumor formations;- epilepsy, tuberculosis, anemia, cirrhosis,acute diabetes, hemorrhage, etc;
– cardio-vascular diseases at the decompensation stage;
– mental disorders;
– acute pulmonary diseases /asthma,emphysema, abscess, etc./
по клинични пътеки
по програма НОИ
Capacity and rooms
151 beds in 68 rooms:
– 4 apartments
– 12 renovated rooms with 2 beds
(І А* category)
– 37 rooms with 2 beds (ІА category)
– 7 rooms with 3 beds (ІА category)
– 8 rooms with 3 beds (І category)
– Physiotherapeutic equipment
– Indoor swimming pool
– Fitness hall
– Mineral baths
– Jet baths
– Remedial gymnastics hall
– Safe deposit box (individual)
– Proprietary parking lot
– Conference hall with 20 seats
– Children’s playground
Main curative factors
- mineral water
Moderate continental with Mediterranean influence.
Average annual air temperature: + 10,5 oC
• by train or by bus tо Plovdiv.From the Rhodopes Bus Station -Plovdiv – Village of Banite at 13.20hrs. by bus
• by bus to Smolyan. FromSmolyan to the Village of Banite – by bus