At 78 meters of sea level at the central part of the hilly Dunabe valley, we will take care of you
Ovcha Mogila Branch
Ovcha Mogila Branch is located in the central part of the Danube hilly lowland at 30 km south of the town of Svishtov. The sea level is 78 m.
The mineral water is hyperthermal, moderately mineralized, chloride–sulphate, sodium–calcium with iodine, bromine, fluorine and metaboric acid and potassium with slightly alkaline reaction.
The guests of the village of Ovcha Mogila can visit the Holy Trinity Temple built in the second half of XIX century and located in a big yard near the central square. The temple ornaments are made according to the principle of architectural-decorative unity with the stone blocks, arches, columns and frames of different architectural elements.
Of importance is the nearness of the Danube River and the opportunities for picnics and walks by boats and barges along the river.
The Lazhenska Bara Dam and Kamenets Dam are located at 23 and 30 km from Ovcha Mogila. The fans of historical sights can visits the ancient metropolis Veliko Tarnovo located at 80 km.
Disorders of locomotary system of inflammatory, degenerative and metabolic nature: arthritis disease with different localization, rheumatoid arthritis and other type of arthritis, Bechterew’s disease;
Diseases of bones and muscles of traumatic, professional, toxic and infectious nature: post-fracture state, luxations, distortions; osteitis, osteomyelitis, myalgia, myositis, tendovaginitis, tendomyositis, fibromyositis, bursitis; contractures and deformations; vibration disease; contractures of dermal-muscle and joint nature;
Diseases of peripheral system of infectious, toxic and traumatic nature:disc hernias, discopathy, neuralgia, radiculitis, plexitis, polyneuritis, polyneuropathy, etc.
Stomach-intestinal and liver diseases:ulcer disease, gastritis, colitis; hepatitis, discinesia of biliary system and gall-bladder.
Endocrine-metabolic diseases: podagra, diabetes, fattening, etc.
Disorders influenced by treatment and prophylactic with mineral water:Gynecological diseases at chronic stages; Dermal diseases.
– Balneo-therapy: baths, swimming pools /remedial/, underwater гgymnastic, jets;
– Thermo-therapy : paraffin-therapy, cryo-therapy;
– Physio-therapy: electro- and light therapy;
– Kinesitherapy: remedial gymnastics, mechano-therapy, remedial massage,
– Healthy eating depending on the disease.
– All diseases at acute stage;
– All venereal diseases in their infection period;
– Frequent, profuse or recent hemorrhage of different nature;
– All forms of unhealed tuberculosis;
– Syncope, especially with loss of conscious;
– Psychical disorders and drug habit, depression states and attitudes toward suicide;
– Cardiac insufficiency of higher than І-st degree;
– Hypertonic disease at ІІІ-ІV stage with damaged organs;
– Aneurism of heart and aorta and bigger vessels;
– Post-thromboflebitis residual phenomena (not earlier then 4-6 months of the acute stage);
– Decompensated diabetes and heavy forms of hyper and hypothyreosis.
по клинични пътеки
по програма НОИ
Capacity and rooms
160 beds allocated in 80 rooms:
– 5 apartments of which 3 arerenovated
– 1 renovated room with 1 bed
(І А* category)
– 38 renovated rooms with 2 beds
(І А* category)
– 7 rooms with 2 beds (І Аcategory)
– 28 rooms with 2 beds (ІІcategory)
– 1 rooms with 3 beds (ІІ category)
– A wide range ofphysiotherapeutic equipment
– Indoor swimming pool
– Mineral baths
– Jet baths
– remedial gymnastic hall
– Safe (individual)
– Conference hall (50 seats)
– Children’s ground
Main curative factors
– Mineral water
Moderately continental, flat
Average annual air temperature: +12 oC
• by train for Svishtov, get off at Morava station and take the awaiting fixed route taxi to the village.
•by bus – buses from Sofia for Russe and Silistra stop at the highway at 2 km distance from the village.
SBR – NK EAD
Ovcha Kupel Branch
2 Detelina Street
Village of Ovcha Kupel
Postal code: 5295
Municipality of Svishtov
District of Veliko Tarnovo