At the foot of Lyulin mountains, with a specific microclimate and a tender puff of the wind and mountainous breeze
The city of Bankya is a municipality within the boundaries of Sofia Metropolitan. Situated at the foot of Lyulin Mountain it is famous for the remarkable microclimate – higher ozone content in the atmosphere, appropriate for rehabilitation of patients suffering from cardio-vascular diseases, being acardiological rehabilitation center. Altitude 630 – 640 m.
he small picturesque city of Bankya is a prestigious national and international resort abounding in verdure and sunny days, also known as the ecological reserve of Sofia.Places of interest in the outskirts are the cultural highlights: the Klisura Monastery St. Petka, the Martyrs St. Quiricus and Julita, the favorite resting place of the writer Ivan Vazov –Vazov’s Oak, the museum – Dimitar Blagoev’s house, as well as the numerous culture events, arranged at the time of the traditional mineral water celebrations during the hottest days (14, 15 and 16 July).
The most demanding guests of the city could enjoy the visits to the tennis club, the national hippodrome, as well as the carting speedway, located 3 km away from the town.
– degenerative joint diseases: coxarthrosis,gonarthrosis gonarthrosis, spondyloarthrosis,general deforming arthrosis, etc.;
– inflammatory joint diseases: mono– andpolyarthritis, periarthritis, bursitis,insercionitis etc.;
– post trauma/fracture/operative state;
– inborn bone-muscle deformations;
– luxation of the hip joints, scoliosis, etc.
– discopathy, discal hernia;
– joint syndromes in case of systematicdiseases of the connective tissue, etc.
Central nervous system:
– paresis and paralysis;
– cerebral palsy;
– Parkinson syndrome;
– functional central nervous diseases:neurosis, neurasthenia, migrena, etc.
Periphery nervous system:
– neuritis, radiculitis, plexitis, polyneuropathy,etc.
– arterial hypertonia ;
– ischemic heart disease;
– uncomplicated forms after heart operations;
– peripheral vascular diseases –artherosclerosis, Buerger’s disease, Raynaud’sdisease, etc.
Kinesitherapy – therapeutic massage,remedial gymnastics, reflex methods,individually overlapping methods of Bobath and Cobat for children with cerebral palsy, outdoor therapy, underwater gymnastics,tangentor massage;
– Physiotherapy –electric and light therapy,laser therapy, paraffin therapy;
– healthy nutrition depending on the disease.
– acute inflammatory diseases;
– chronic diseases at decompensation stage;
– infectious and parasite diseases.
– acute, not overcome hypertonia;
– acute myocardial infarction – up to 6months after infarction;
– instable stenocardia;
– frequent rhythm and tract disorders;
– heart failure III-IV degree under NIHA;
по клинични пътеки
по програма НОИ
Capacity and rooms
80 beds in 40 rooms:
– 2 apartments
– 38 rooms with 2 beds (most of them renovated)
– Physiotherapeutic equipment
– Lymph drainage equipment
– NUGA BEST Massage Unit
– Jet massage unit
– Remedial gymnastics hall
– Proprietary parking lot
– Conference hall – 100 seats
– Children’s playground
– Sports playground
Cardiovascular diseases program -complex rehabilitation of patients with cardiovascular diseases.
Main curative factors
Moderate continental influenced by tender mountain breeze, rich in negative ions and fonotsidi
Average annual temperature:
+ 9,4 оС (average temperature inJanuary – 20 оС and 19,60 оС inJuly). Fresh and cool summer.
Mild and sunny autumn. Moderately cold winter.
• by train
• by bus
- SBR - NK EAD
8, Sheynovo Str.
City of Bankya
ZIP code: 1320
Municipality of Bankya
District of Sofia
+359 2 99 77 065+359 2 99 77 282+359 2 99 77 291f+359 2 99 77 283